Friday, June 20, 2014

Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Sangria

Better Homes & Gardens shared a delicious-sounding recipe for strawberry sangria and I knew I wanted to serve it at an upcoming book club. However, knowing that I'd have at least one guest who would not be drinking I wanted to make it without the alcohol. Since everyone liked it I thought I'd share it here, mostly so I have a record for next time but also in case anyone else is looking for a good non alcoholic summer drink.


1/2 C water
2/3 C sugar
4 C sliced strawberries

Combine and heat ingredients in a small saucepan. Mix until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool strain the strawberries from the syrup and drain into a drink dispenser.

1 bottle sparkling white grape juice, chilled
2 bottles tonic water
2 C sliced strawberries
1 orange, sliced
(I also had 1/2 a lime that needed to be used up so I sliced that and threw it in too.)
ice

Just before serving, add all remaining ingredients in drink dispenser with the strawberry syrup.

Enjoy!