Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Banana Bread

This recipe was given to me by my old roommate Lori.  It is Trav's favorite - in fact he likes it so much he asks me to buy a bunch of bananas and then leaves 2 every week so I'll make a loaf. 

I've written it out according to the way I bake it.

Mix the following ingredients in a medium sized bowl:
1 C all purpose flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 heaping tsp cinnamon

Mix the following ingredients in a small bowl:
1 egg (I usually use 1 rounded Tbsp of applesauce so it's friendly for my son with egg allergies)
2* bananas, mashed
1/4 C oil
3/4 C sugar

Fold the wet into the dry and mix well. 
Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Using a heavy hand, sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar.

Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 50-55 mins, or until a tester comes out clean.

*I have used 1 banana before (used some applesauce for more moisture) and 3 bananas before.  We prefer it with 2 since 3 makes it a bit too banana-y for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally made this last week and our family gobbled it up. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I made it again today with one more banana and a little less time in the oven, as it was a bit dry last week for my preference. The kids and Phil didn't mind a bit, though. I forgot the cinnamon and sugar on top today, but I'm sure it'll still be yummy.

ceight said...

page Dolabuy Hermes Check This Out visite site click here to investigate read what he said

Unknown said...

replica bags paypal accepted get redirected here v5m46c0k36 7a replica bags philippines replica bags paypal accepted get redirected here v5m46c0k36 7a replica bags philippines replica bags hermes replica hermes bags d9k68o5n88 replica bags hong kong