Wednesday, May 12, 2010

post, the first

Here's the thing, I'm not very good at meal planning.  But I love to cook and I love to present the food I've prepared.  I'm not a great chef, and a lot of my meals are very Midwestern, but I'm trying to branch out and challenge myself.  That's a tricky thing to do when you only have $70 a week for groceries and at least $30 of it has to go to diapers and formula.

So I've started this little blog to help me celebrate the dishes I make, and to form a sort of recipe box for myself.  I'll take as many pictures as possible, and include links or recipes for every meal I serve my family.  My hope is that this wee adventure will aid me in goal of planning 5 dinners for every week and adding variety and nutrition to our diets.  (Not that there won't be sweets...)

I called it "the bonnie dinner table" because, well, it's as good as I could get for creative.  And, corny though it may be, I like the play on my name and the adjective "bonnie", meaning "good".  Here's hoping that the vast majority of this food is "good"!

If you have any good meals or recipes please feel free to contact me with them. 
 
 Now here's a picture that shows two things that are very important in my kitchen - mostly because they make me very happy:  the compost bucket and produce from our garden.  Fresh as fresh. 

Wish me luck, for away we goooooo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, replica watches, burberry, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, ugg boots, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet

Unknown said...

iphone 6 cases, louboutin, celine handbags, iphone 6s cases, birkin bag, hollister, valentino shoes, ipad cases, babyliss, baseball bats, vans shoes, lululemon, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, mcm handbags, nike roshe, nike trainers, new balance, insanity workout, ralph lauren, hollister, iphone cases, giuseppe zanotti, iphone 5s cases, oakley, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, longchamp, nike air max, bottega veneta, mac cosmetics, mont blanc, hollister, chi flat iron, beats by dre, iphone 6 plus cases, iphone 6s plus cases, p90x workout, reebok shoes, s5 cases, ferragamo shoes, ghd, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, nike huarache

Blogger said...

Register to EverydayFamily now and you will receive stage based pregnancy and baby email newsletters, offers and weekly coupons as well as a wide range of free baby samples, baby coupons, baby magazines and more.

All New Members Can Win Free Diapers for a Whole Year!